Wrong Fuel recovery incidents increase during the Winter months
We always find that we have a really busy period at the start of the year with Wrong Fuel recovery incidents. There are a number of possible causes for this spike in our activity:
- Commuting motorists are under stress as they try to re-focus on work after the Christmas and New Year break.
- The dark mornings, cold weather and difficult driving conditions distract motorists from the re-fuelling activity.
- The on-set of the Winter blues means that motorists are not at their sharpest, especially in the mornings.
- People sometimes buy new vehicles at Christmas whilst car prices are lower as overall car sales tend to lower at this time of year. If they swap from a petrol car to a diesel car then, often, the above factors contribute to potential wrong fuel situations along with their not being used to filling up a car with diesel.
Whatever the reason for your wrong fuel recovery service requirement, we can send out an emergency rapid response engineer to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What if the worst happens and I need a wrong fuel recovery service?
It may seem like it, but it’s not the end of the World. Even if you have started your vehicle and driven it with the wrong fuel in the tank, although you will probably not have driven very far before breaking down! If you’re aware of the wrong fuel recovery industry then you will be less likely to panic, but many people are not and it’s an automatic reaction to a traumatic incident. Hopefully you will be aware of the Fuel Medic or find us on the internet by searching on your smart phone. You can then call one of our experts using our emergency line and pass on some brief details such as your location and the make and model of your car. If it’s especially early in the morning or late at night and you’re a lone female, elderly motorist or in a vulnerable or precarious situation, then we will prioritise your case and get a wrong fuel recovery expert out to you as fast as we can.
What can I do to prevent putting in the wrong fuel?
If it isn’t already too late, there are some things that you can do to prevent your needing a wrong fuel recovery service such as:
- Put a sticker on the inside of the fuel flap or on the tank cap which you unscrew to get the nozzle in, to remind you of which type of fuel you need to fill up with.
- Don’t fill up when you’re in a hurry, plan to refuel after work when the traffic is quieter and you’re not under pressure to either get to work or desperate to get home after a hard day.
- Put a reminder note in the middle of the steering wheel where you can’t miss it and it won’t interfere with your driving. This is particularly useful if the car is new or if it’s a hire car.
This advice may seem a little silly or profound but you may only need to do it once to get a mental note stuck in your head which will mean that you never fill up with the wrong fuel and need a wrong fuel recovery service.